Day 2 – Friday May 26

Day 2 – Friday May 26

After missing our flight to Sydney and getting some rest, we went out to explore San Francisco to make the best of our unexpected delay. First everyone had breakfast then some of us decided to hangout for a bit and others took a nap. Then 12pm came, we took a Lyft to Pier 39.  

We explored Pier 39, enjoying the beautiful view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the sea lions playing and napping. We enjoyed a boat tour of the Bay and learned the history of “The Rock”, Alcatraz Island, and the history of the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was great learning some U.S. History as an unexpected part of our journey.

After the tour we went for food and walked around the ports.

At the airport we wandered and got food since our flight wouldn’t board till 10 pm. I was pleased to find a Japanese restaurant that had ramen and sushi. So I ate just that to end my day in San Francisco. 

Anxiously awaiting our flight to Sydney

At the airport we wandered and got food since our flight wouldn’t board till 10 pm. I was pleased to find a Japanese restaurant that had ramen and sushi. So I ate just that to end my day in San Francisco.  – Anel Bernal