Day 12 – Tuesday June 6

Day 12 – Tuesday June 6

After experiencing a night around Vivid Sydney, all students reported early in the Wynyard Mercure lobby to catch a tour bus and escape the morning rain downpour. 

Our bus headed promptly to Featherdale Wildlife Park, where we were happily greeted by Wallabees and Pelicans. 

For a small price students had a unique photo opportunity with a 5 year old Koala,  and the chance to feed little kangaroos. 

After exploring the maze of animals, we loaded up the bus and head West to the village of Katoomba for lunch before seeing todays main attraction, Blue Mountain National Park. 

Blue Mountains

The whole Blue Mountains excursion was successful. We stopped at various points for brief history lessons and to take in the natural beauty of the landscape. As a group we took a gondola 🚡 over to the Scenic World part of the rainforest, where we were able to split up and try different style rides to scale down the mountain. Once at the bottom, we walked on beautiful paths through the trees that lead to another ride to get back to the top gift shop and restaurant. I got a few gifts for family, then hopped back on the tour bus for the journey back to Sydney. 

Our tour ended at Sydney Olympic Park where we boarded a ferry and traveled to Circular Quay, smack dab in the middle of Vivid Sydney festival- a sight to behold! As I walked through the street to find a restaurant for dinner, I couldn’t help but take pictures of the impressive and vibrant displays. 

To finish off my Tuesday, I enjoyed a delicious dinner at The Squires Landing with the company of Angela and Adriana.

-Benny